Global warming refers to the heating up of the Earth due to greenhouse effect.
Greenhouse effect is caused when gases such as CARBONDIOXIDE, METHAN etc increase in the atmosphere & this leads to the heating up of the earth as these are good absorbers of heat.
These gases prevent the excess heat from leaving the Earth's atmosphere thus resulting in greenhouse effect.
Presently the earth is 0.9°C hotter than normal, if earth's temperature continues to rise then it could give rise to runaway global warming or the El Nino Effect. Over time this could disrupt the delicate pattern of ocean currents & give rise to another Ice Age which could be followed by mass extinction of several species and even endanger the Human Race.
Global warming can have grave consequences on the health of the planet & the biodiversity within it.
Already thousands of species of flora & fauna have become extinct.
The melting of ice caps will result in flooding of low lying areas; massive tsunamis; more powerful, fierce & unpredictable tornados; terrible storms & droughts etc.
Scientists predict that about 3 — 4 billion humans would lose their lives mostly from developing countries by the year 2050.
Finally the resulting Ice Age would have a devastating effect on the planet.
We must control global warming to ensure that the biodiversity on Earth is conserved. The following steps can help reduce global warming:
- Use of Hydrogen fuels & reducing the dependence on fossil fuels.
- Improving the efficiency of engines & turbines can drastically reduce pollution & also help save millions of Dollars\Euros every year.
- Controlling & reducing the human population. Planting hundreds of trees across cities & in homes.
- Using Magnetic trains. Mag - Lev trains are faster than planes & cause very little or no pollution compared to electric trains.
- Preventing Deforestation & use of Carbon Credits.