Class X | Reflexes
- Reflexes are our involuntary,unconsciously, automatic response of effectors like muscles and gland to stimuli.
- Its nervous coordination.
- Monitored through the spinal cord.
- When triggered by a stimulus, the nerves transmit massages to the spinal cord
- Which responds by initiating an appropriate action to the stimulus through the sensory and motor nerve impulses.
Some common examples of reflexes:
- Blinking of eyes in response to a foreign particle that has entered into the eyes.
- Sneezing and coughing, if any unwanted particle enters into the nose or throat.
- Withdrawal of the leg by a person walking barefeet if happens to step on a nail.
- Immediate withdrawal of hand if a person touches a hot object unknowingly.