- It is used for making electrical wires, cables, coils for various electrical appliances because it is a good conductor of electricity.
- It is used for making utensils, car radiators, calorimeters because it is a good conductor of heat.
- It is also used for making alloys which are used in making coins, pipes, etc.
- Pig iron is hard and brittle with high carbon content, so, it is used for making pipes, storage tanks, railings, cylinders and sinks.
- Wrought iron is tough, malleable with very little carbon content, so, it is used for making bolts, chains, wire nets, nails and agricultural tools.
- Stainless steel (an alloy of iron) is used for making utensils, knives, etc.
- It is used for making utensils and electrical cables due to its high conductivity of heat and electricity.
- It is used for making paints to prevent rusting of iron.
- It is used for making body parts of aircraft because it is very light and strong.
Gold and silver
- They are used for making jewellery and decorative items because they are lustrous, highly malleable and ductile.
- It is used for making jewellery and electrodes for electrolytic cells. 6ti.
- It is used for making electrodes for automobile batteries and alloys such as solder.
- It is used for electroplating an iron object. It is used in car bumpers and handles of bicycles because of its corrosion-resistant nature. '
- It is used in dry cells, galvanisation (coating on iron articles), alloys such as brass 1 and German silver. i